Here's hoping whether or not you're at the game, whatever the weather may be, the Titans end up with a victory Saturday here in Nashville.
As the Titans are preparing today for Saturday, so should you if you're planning to be one of the 67,000+ fans in attendance. The weather forecast is a bit like handicapping this game - chances are it's not going to be the prettiest day or the prettiest football game you ever saw.
At this point, call it a 30% chance of precipitation and temperatures falling quickly after the 3:30pm CT kickoff. If you're going to be outside starting well before the game like I am, be prepared for changing conditions. Here's my gameplan:
- I'm tailgating starting before noon. So I'll wear layers to be ready for the 40's and below. That will include thermal undies - top and bottom.
- Extra jeans and outer layer in case they get wet during the tailgate.
- I like to go with the thermal long sleeve top, a t-shirt over that and then a Titans sweatshirt over that.
- Gloves - I go for warm and dry rather than dexterity.
- I'll have the water resistant jacket with a hood. It also has zippered pockets to keep stuff dry.
- Hat with ear protection.
- Some sort of lip protection like Carmex.
- Your choice of comfortable socks - again, bring an extra pair if there's a chance they could get wet before the game.
- Boots - with traction, comfort, warmth and water resistance.
- My good buddy Devin likes the packets of hand warmers/footwarmers. Good to have just in case.
- Scarf - if the neck is exposed, you're toast and I don't mean warm toast.
Bottom line, if you're in middle Tennessee today, go outside. I'm no Lelan Statom, but Saturday could be a lot like his forecast for today. Did I mention there could be snow tonight?